Rainforest Jumperoo Review
EXCLUSIVE REVIEW --- THE RAINFOREST JUMPEROO
The Fisher-Price Rainforest Jumperoo is a well-designed, engineered and built baby jumper with the best bouncer seat, music, lights, exciting sounds and much more. Are looking for a jumper that your child will enjoy and one that assists in their development on multiple levels? Consider the Rainforest Jumperoo. It also scores impressive marks from buyers and a higher than average review rating - something that's not easy for a manufacturer to pull off.
Then again, we’re not just talking about any manufacturer. We’re talking about one of the biggest names in kids toys, games and accessories - Fisher Price.
In this brief article, we’ll take a deep dive into the Fisher Price Rainforest Jumperoo and give you the important details, to help you make a more informed decision - whether you choose this one or another brand of jumper altogether.
Rainforest Jumperoo: A Safe Way For Your Little One To Explore and Exercise
It’s an easy way to provide a safe and comfortable place for your baby to play and bounce up and down as they learn new things.
Unlike those jumpers that mount to a door frame - this one sits safely on the floor.
With its wide diameter and all-steel frame construction, rest assured your child will be safe at all times in the Jumperoo. With a well-cushioned seat and fabric-covered steel springs, you don’t have to worry about wandering fingers or other body parts getting pinched.
This can be an issue on some of the cheaper, lower-grade jumpers out there. But I’ve found that Fisher Price makes child safety a top priority and it shows on the Rainforest Jumperoo.
Colors and Sounds Galore
It's loaded with interesting toy animals in vibrant colors. There’s plenty of visual stimuli to keep kids intrigued and entertained. There’s the peek-a-boo tiger, rattle lizard, bobble elephant - and a spinning drum too. And you can set it to play jungle sounds and music as your young child bounces about, so they quickly learn about cause and effect. Used in this way, it’s kind of like a reward. There’s also an option to play those sounds continuously.
Your child can check it out from any vantage point. Since the seat rotates 360°- kids can see and play with any of the attached visuals at any time. Sometimes the seat can get a little stiff to turn. But once it loosens up and your precious little one gets the hang of turning themselves around - chances are they’ll love spinning and bouncing I n this colorful jumper.
Fisher Price has recently re-designed the frame of the Rainforest Jumparoo. It’s always been stable thanks to it’s wide diameter. But now its readily accessible from the top. This in turn makes it easier to place your child in - or lift them out of - the seat.
The Rainforest Jumperoo is easy to use easy to setup and relatively compact for moving around. It folds up partially, making it less cumbersome for moving around or for tucking into a corner when it’s not being used. While the partial fold-up is somewhat helpful, a more compact solution would be even better, in my opinion. But honestly, that’s a small issue considering all the things Fisher Price got right.
All That’s Needed Is An Open Floor Area
You can use this in any room - all you need to level floor. There's no doorway required for this jumper - and no hooks required for mounting it to a frame. It sets up in minutes and delivers many hours of active exploration.
It's a fun and stimulating experience for any child who fits into the seat. Typically, it's best for kids in the four month to nine month age range - although this can vary depending on their size - and every kid is unique.
Not Just Fun and Games - The Rainforest Jumperoo Helps Kids Develop
As satisfying as it is to see your bundle of joy having fun in their jumper, it’s nice to know that this activity also encourages healthy development. It engages auditory and visual sense senses and they learn balance and coordination too.
It get your child moving - spinning, jumping, and reaching - and all of this enhances their motor skills and helps kids develop balance and strength in their legs. It also exposes them to a variety of bright colors, textures, and various sounds and songs to trigger their auditory senses.
On the downside, it can have them thinking that they need to be on their toes instead of flat-footed when they learn to walk. It’s something that can occur with any jumper. But thankfully, this phase in the development of most kids quickly passes.
PROS and CONS
What Parents Love About the Fisher Price Rainforest Jumperoo
Among the thousands of overwhelmingly positive reviews, these are the positive comments mentioned time and again:
- Low maintenance - seat is easy to clean
- Cute and attractive rainforest theme design
- Colorful and entertaining with music and lots of toys
- Comfortable - good back support with padded cushion
- Adjustable height to suit kids of various sizes as they grow
- Fabric is soft to the touch so your child will be comfortable
- Smart design means it assembles and disassembles fairly easily
- Sturdy and stable so you never have to worry about it tipping over
- Serious springing action helps kids burn off some of that extra energy
- Bright and colorful - perfect for establishing a happy and fun atmosphere
- Music has two different volume levels and the sound quality is quite good
- Multiple interactive pieces gives kids a variety to keep them entertained longer
- It’s a total play and exercise center - there's so much here to keep kids entertained
- Everything snaps into place so you know that parts and pieces are properly connected
- Chair spends 360° which makes it easy for them to turn to discover another for stimulation
- Well designed jumper - it's clear a lot of thought went into the toy selection and other features
- Genuine exploratory and entertainment value - lots of toys to keep kids involved and having fun
- Easy instructions (can’t say that about other brands of jumpers we’ve purchased over the years)
- Solid build quality - what you’d expect from a major brand - high-quality materials and tight fabric stitching
- Partially folds up for space saving storage (it’s not a lot of space you’ll save - but it’s better than those jumpers that don't fold up at all)
- Easy to assemble and dismantle as necessary- most parents and grandparents could have this thing put together in a matter of minutes
- Good way to enhance their curiosity, stimulate their interest in new things and give them some important exercise early in their development
- Securely holds your baby - there's a high-back and a small ledge in the front so the baby doesn't lean over too far or in too close to the toys
- Movement activated music and sounds provide encouragement to your child (As an option, sounds can be activated only in response to movement in the jumper)
- Safe and secure place for young kids to be - it gives you a bit of a break or time to prepare bottles, do laundry, check email, or clear things away from the breakfast table
- Adaptable - three height levels so this jumper can grow with your child - some toys like the frog that hang over your child's head can be adjusted to fit your child's needs as they grow
- Ideal jumper for twins - if you have two or more young kids and one of these units for each of them, it’s a beautiful thing to watch as they bounce opposite one another and keep each other active and entertained
What Some Parents Disliked About This Jumper
- Doesn't fold up very small so moving around is a little challenging
- Unused space means there’s enough room so that more toys could be attached
- Stiff spinning mechanism - some find it a little difficult to spin - at least until its broken in
- Instructions may be lacking (but it’s not hard to set it up on your own without instructions)
- Hanging toys might be too far out of the reach of some kids (though some are adjustable)
- Expensive - not the cheapest jumper on the market (although most parents would buy it again)
- Does not fit all kids - seems to be made for those little bodies that are longer rather than shorter
- Sizable footprint (about 3 feet in diameter)- takes up considerable space which can be problematic in a smaller space
- Backwards elephant - the elephant toy (though adorable) is installed backwards so that the rear of the elephant faces the child
MORE PRODUCT IMAGES
Rainforest Jumperoo, Our Verdict
For most parents, the Rainforest Jumperoo makes an excellent addition to the most essential kid accessories. It enables busy moms and dads to be able enjoy a cup of coffee, fold laundry, clean up a little bit, or to quickly check email - without worrying constantly about your little one. It's lightweight so you can pick it up and move it about around in your house- even take it out on the deck on a nice day - or set it up in your home office.
They may not use the Rainforest Jumperoo (or any jumper) for long. But whenever they get inside, it’s a fun and exciting experience that enhances their growth and development.
Fisher Price delivers a quality product that’s safe for kids and provides hours of exploring, learning and exercise to help with their development. For parents, it delivers peace of mind.
Rainforest Jumperoo; see our ratings for price, quality, safety and our verdict below.
We hope this Rainforest Jumperoo review helps you with your search for the right baby jumper for your child
Mom's Baby Hub is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites
to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to Amazon.com. Mom's Baby Hub is also a participant in other affiliate programs.
Product Prices: All product prices published by Mom's Baby Hub are subject to change without notice.
Final prices are always determined by Amazon or other suppliers.
Writers: We use guest writers or writers from our staff who write from personal experience
or detailed research about the products we review.