Spectra S2 Electric Breast Pump
Hospital Grade Performance Consumer-Friendly Price
EXCLUSIVE REVIEW --- SPECTRA S2 ELECTRIC BREAST PUMP
The Spectra S2 electric breast pump is a compact, lightweight and portable high-quality breast pump that provides hospital grade performance at a consumer-friendly price. As a caring mother, you want to give your child the best of everything. And that starts with nursing. No store-bought baby formula can ever measure up. Unfortunately, some of the products available on the market today, make that task of extracting natural milk very difficult.
Many new mothers find that the only breast pumps that seem to work with relative ease and minimum discomfort are the hospital grade versions. Problem is… you typically have to pay a hefty fee to rent them.
Spectra S2 Key Features
The Spectra S2 electric breast pump solves that problem.It’s actually a consumer product that's made to similar standards and attention to detail that hospital grade breast pumps are. While not cheap, it’s certainly affordable for most. And it will cost you far less than renting a machine from the local hospital.
What makes Spectra S2 electric breast pump better than others in that it can be customized to suit your individual body. Flexibility in the settings changed by push-button controls allow you to set the pumping action to the speed and rhythm that's most comfortable and effective for your individual body.
Maximize Milk Flow
You can easily make adjustments to ease into the pumping process. Once your comfort level has been achieved, you have the option to maximize milk flow in minimum time. If it’s your first time using a pump, you’ll surely appreciate the kind of personalized fine-tuning that’s available.
Single and Double Capacity
The Spectra S2breast pump comes in a soothing soft pink color and provides both single and double pump capability. And the built-in nightlight makes it easy to use at any hour - even in the middle of the night- when the rest of the household is fast asleep.
Closed System Design
Design-wise, the Spectra S2 features a closed pumping system that keeps the tubes dry and prevents air flow between the expressed milk and the pump. This protects the milk and the baby from any viruses, bacteria, or mold which can easily occur with lesser models. It also means that no milk can get into the machine and cause a major hassle when you have to stop what you’re doing and clean it out thoroughly. It’s also completely free of BPA and DEHP.
With thebuilt-in backflow filter, a barrier is created between the flanges and the tubing. Since it's a closed system, you never have to replace the tubing. Milk does get into the filter, so you will need to clean those filters on a regular basis.
S2 Electric Breast Pump - What's In The Box?
- One Spectra S2 hospital grade electric breast pump
- One 12 Volt AC power adapter
- One detachable power cord
- Two Spectra wide deck bottles
- Two Spectra backflow protectors
- Two Spectra duckbill valves
- Two Spectra tubing lines
- Four flanges (2 at 24mm and 2 at 28mm)
- Two caps for the Spectra bottles
Why Owning an Electric Breast Pump is Better Than Renting?
Many buyers claim that the only comparable experience to using the Spectra 2 electric breast pump is to is to rent or buy a hospital grade pump and that would cost considerably more. For most people, paying more doesn’t make a lot of sense, particularly when there’s a well thought out alternative that’s both comfortable to use and surprisingly efficient in helping you produce a good supply of milk for your baby.
A good pump can mean the difference between a consistent milk supply and constantly struggling to make sure your baby is well nourished.For a busy working mother trying to manage life on multiple levels, this can be the ultimate solution.
PROS and CONS
S2 Breast Pump PROS and CONS
- Easy to clean parts
- Aesthetically pleasing and a soothing pink color
- Backflow protector means you won't get milk in the tubing
- Lightweight (so it’s easy to move around than the hospital models)
- Comes with lots of accessories – like two different bottles, nipples, flanges, etc.
- Night light is a useful feature (it actually has two settings, making it quite convenient)
- Capable of extracting plenty of milk (many users are surprised by the amount of flow)
- Milk and moisture does not tend to collect in the tubing because of the backflow protection
- Operates relatively quietly (this is important when using the breast pump at work, or after everyone else has gone to bed)
- Highly- efficient – takes about half the time of other pumps(and it seems to more fully empty the breasts than other brands)
- Gentle on the mother and the comfort is unmatched(Spectra 2 accurately mimics thequivering suckle of a baby - so it’s gentle on women with sensitive nipples)
- Adjustable cycling vacuum means you can change things up as you go (there are lots of options for customizationto suit your comfort levels and production efficiency
- Good customization options with separate controls for cycle speed and vacuum power (this gives you way more control over the experience and is particularly helpful for mothers who are new to nursing)
- Only comes with two bottles
- Measurements on the collection bottles can wash off over time
- Doesn't work with other attachments or parts from other brands
- You have to find the correct setting - otherwise it can be uncomfortable (this is true of any breast pump)
- Cords and hoses are flexible cords and hoses are made of flexible silicone which is nice but tends to attract hair
- You have to buy other accessories when all you need is a specific part (extra parts are sold as packages – so you cannot purchase them individually)
- No battery option (While Spectra does make a battery-powered breast pump - this particular model does not have a battery and needs to be plugged into a wall outlet)
- Tubing can disconnect from the backflow protector (make sure you tighten it before you start pumping)- Wide-neck bottles that come with the pump can topple over if you’re not careful
Spectra S2 Electric Breast Pump - Our Verdict
A quality breast pump is a practical tool for busy moms who want to give their precious babies the best.The Spectra 2 electric breast pump iseasy and comfortable to useand it works well. When you’ve got to go back to work and you want to consistently nourish your baby naturally, you probably have no choice but to use a breast pump.
No one ever regrets buying quality and the Spectra 2 is certainly a well designed product. It’s a popular choice too, scoring an impressive 4.4 out of a possible 5 stars, with nearly 2000 buyers reporting.
We hope this review of the Spectra S2 Electric Breast Pump helps you select the right breast pump for you and your baby.
Mom's Baby Hub is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites
to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to Amazon.com. Mom's Baby Hub is also a participant in other affiliate programs.
Product Prices: All product prices published by Mom's Baby Hub are subject to change without notice.
Final prices are always determined by Amazon or other suppliers.
Writers: We use guest writers or writers from our staff who write from personal experience
or detailed research about the products we review.